Dr. Reid has enjoyed extensive training along the way to becoming a Board Certified plastic surgeon in the greater Vancouver area. He received his Doctor of Medicine with honors from the University of British Columbia in 2003. He then entered directly into the Reconstructive and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery residency program at the University of Calgary. This comprehensive program provided excellent training in both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body. Upon completing his residency training and Fellowship Examination in 2008, he was awarded a Specialist Certificate in Plastic Surgery and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Reid maintains a personal website dedicated to plastic surgery in Vancouver.
Shortly after completing his training, Dr. Reid and his family returned to the Vancouver area where he took a staff position in the Division of Plastic Surgery at the Richmond Hospital. “Richmond is home for me and I feel very fortunate that I am able to work and raise my family in the community where I got my start.”
Currently, Dr. Reid’s practice is quite comprehensive and includes cosmetic surgery, breast reconstruction, hand surgery and the treatment of skin cancers. Recently, he has developed a sub-specialty interest in Body Contouring After Major Weight Loss. This is a unique patient population that requires specialized care. Many of the referrals he receives for post-bariatric body contouring come from the bariatric surgery program at the Richmond Hospital.
Dr. Reid’s Memberships include:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Division of Plastic Surgery, Richmond General Hospital
- Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia.
- Clinical Instructor, UBC Faculty of Medicine
- Co-Chair, of the Ambulatory Care Committee, Richmond Hospital
- Credentials Committee, Richmond Hospital